Tuesday 25 July 2017

Every time I have started dieting I have rewarded myself for the slightest loss, similar to the meme, so I ended up trying to loose the same damn 5 lbs over and over again. When I reached 22st 6 lbs (being 5ft) it started to become painful when to walk. I would take nurofen and paracetamol just to go to the shop, I would have to stop and sit numerous times and it took forever to get there. I rarely took the kids to the park because the mile walk nearly killed me and that was taking breaks 3/4 times. One day the pain got so bad I thought fuck that and I started making the little changes that I needed. White bread to brown bread, alcohol to water, I started cutting back on my portions and started to move a bit more, like a little dance with my daughter or if I needed something upstairs I'd get it myself rather than ask another family member. After about 18 months I managed to loose 5st which I was delighted with, walking wasn't painful anymore, but I got caught up with the accomplishment of that and for a long time I have stayed at that 17 st 6lbs. Until the doctor advised me that I needed to loose more before I hit menopause.My main goal is to try and get off the 2 tablets I'm on for high blood pressure and after that if I can reach a healthy BMI I would be very happy. This blog will track my efforts, accomplishments and the inevitable fails along my weight loss journey. I will also review anything and everything that helps me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment