Wednesday 26 July 2017

There is lots of talk about body shaming these day, fat shaming, skinny shaming, and all other sorts of shaming thrown into the mixture. I feel people shouldn't be ashamed of their bodies regardless of how they look. There is enough of crap going on in life without people judging how we look. It's not about if you find a person attractive, it's not about if you would like them to be in your "social circle", it's about letting them find peace with who they are so they can try and forge the best lives they can make for themselves.  I have been obese most of my adult life and I have struggled through some horrible shit. You know what I didn't need, was people laughing at me pointing from cars, a group of men sniggering at me as I passed them shouting to each other "you have a date for tonight" and loads of other crap like that. Luckily, I am a strong person and most of that rolled off me like water off a ducks back, some did have me in tears, but not until I got home, then I would cry into a curry and bottle of wine. We all know, to be healthy we need our BMI to be in the range of 18.5 to 24.9 . My BMI has gone from 61.5 to 43.7 and I feel much healthier for it. Gentle encouragement to be healthy is the way to go, not body shaming.








No comments:

Post a Comment